Friday, June 27, 2008

My Man can cook

He started out with dry red beans.Added Andouille sausage....oooo spicy yum!


some olive oila weird ingredient but it works in the dish....Soy Sauce!!! Yep, I said soy sauce. These pictures crack me up cause he had just woken up 10 minutes before and still had his sleepy face on.


"Old Faithful" our favorite spoon!!! We have had that spoon for over 20 years. That's John's new pot on the stove that Tori & David got him for father's day.


He added his secret spices and brought it to a boil. Oh, I wish this was smellablog...my house smelled like a restaurant straight out of New Orleans.
My mom came over and filled up a Tupperware bowl for her and my brother. We brought the rest to our bible study group. Pastor Allen said, "I don't care what anyone says John is a great man". Allen and Pastor Tim love when John cooks...and John loves to cook for them. Yummy!!! Below is "Apple Dumplings" that I made for our group. The picture isn't very good. But, let me tell you....these things will make you want to slap your momma. They are sinful. I found this recipe off of Pioneer Woman. Oh go ahead be bad....you know you want to try them.APPLE DUMPLINGS

2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

* I added nutmeg to the top of mine. Seriously guys...this is an awesome dessert. Enjoy!

No comments: