Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rainy Day

It's raining, it's pouring....what do I do? Grab John and go to that cute little Yarn Shop you saw earlier in the week! Oh, I just love yarn. The different textures, colors, even the smell. My stash has seriously depleted since I've made the College Scrap Afghans. I controlled myself and didn't buy the entire store...oh, but wouldn't that be a dream....all that yarn at your reach when you want it. Imported yarns....expensive....but marvelous...the soft, warm feel entwining through my fingers.


I bought 2 skeins from the Plymouth Yarn Company that were made in Turkey, yellow & rainbow, to add to Tori's afghan.


The other yarn is also from Plymouth but it's the luxury brand...spun in Peru, it's 91% Alpaca , 8% Wool & 1% Nylon. It's so soft and delicate looking. I've never worked with Alpaca before...I'm looking forward to making something beautiful out of this.





Have a good day! The Yarnaholic

1 comment:

Beths Blog said...

hey betty,
the yarn is beautiful. did you take tori's blanket to work on at the beach?
how is the weather, is the texas weather effecting you all?