Monday, December 29, 2008

Made with love part 2

It was a wonderful morning that was just full of love! We shared all the handmade gifts we spent hours making for each other. I love each and every gift! Best of all my girls made them! It was a very moving spiritual Christmas!

I'll start with the gifts that Meg made since she is my oldest.


Meg made her daddy this awesome very cozy blanket. She choose Razorback colors since John is a huge Razorback football fan! She even put his initials on the blanket. He was so excited because he has never had anything with JH on it. JH is what he uses at work when he talks to the pilots. He really loves this blanket!

Meg took a sewing class last semester and has perfected her skill in sewing. She made me this lovely tote bag for work. I will use this to carry my yarn & needles in to work. I love to crochet during my lunch break. She has a very good eye for matching fabrics. I will be so proud when I show it off!!

Here is the tote bag that Megan made for Tori. She made it sturdy enough to where Tori can carry several books to school in it. The pocket is just adorable! She made my mother one as well but I don't have a photo of it.


Tori made us all some amazing Art work! For John & I she had her boyfriends Dad cut pieces of wood into 2 inch thick circles. The wood came from an old tree that was cut down from her house in Conway. She painted on some water color paper and then put them on the wood block.
This is called the "Prayer"

This is "Nature" or "The tree of Life"


This one is "Meditation"

on the back of each one she wrote a scripture that correlates to the painting on the front.

I hung them up in my foyer.

This is another gift from Tori. She took the most beautiful mulberry paper and printed some of her photography and framed it. She has made me several of these in the past. All with the glass frames. I proudly hung it with the rest in my mudroom.

Tori made this Art for Meg. The framed one is watercolors. It is very detailed. It cracks me up but it is so Meg! Tori knows her well. The other one is a mixed media collage.

These are buttons that Tori made for Meg. The darkest one is a clock...I think that's my favorite. Meg plans on sewing something for herself and add a button as an embellishment.

We did get one present that wasn't made by hand....but it meant just as much to us! The girls bought us this TOMS DVD and gift card to go online and order a pair of shoes. For every TOMS shoe you buy they give a pair to a child in need. I love TOMS shoes!!! We watched the DVD which was filmed during the shoe drop in Argentina. We cried....and felt like running to the store and buying 10 pairs. Since the company started in 2006 they have already given over 60,000 pairs of shoes to people in third world countries. Some of these people have never owned a pair of shoes in their life!! It was a gift that gave back.
I am so VERY proud of my girls. They are extremely gifted woman!! I will cherish all my gifts forever. I have to come up with what I'm going to make next year!!

22 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..some very talented ladies in your family!
-sandy toes

BloggessJ said...

I agree with Sandy Toes....there are some seriously talented ladies in your family!

Anonymous said...

I third that motion! If you could pass some of that on this way please! :)

Susie said...

I would be proud too. Your girls are remarkable women:-)

April said...

Betty,

You sure have some very talented girls! I am amazed at what they created with their own hands! I LOVE the Razorback blanket since I am a diehard fan! I am so jealous! I know that everything they made for you, John, and each other will forever be treasured.

Melody said...

What great gifts!

The love involved was what touched me most. I love handmade gifts from the heart.

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS....beautiful gifts your girls made! They are very creative young ladies!! You are so very blessed :-)

said...

I am so impressed with the handmade goodness that was part of your Christmas - you have some serious talent in your family!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Wow! What amazing creations! Your girls are surely talented indeed!

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

More Than Words said...

Wow...those were really awesome!

My mom LOVES handmade gifts and would be crying all day if my kids made her things like that!! Awesome!

Aubrey said...

Talented indeed! Those are all lovely gifts!

Michelle said...

Totally awesome. I will be checking out Toms shoes myself.

Your gifts are lovely and of course they are the best ones, made with love especially with each person in mind.

MarciaBrady said...

Wow...such a crafty family! I love it! I love it all!! So, did Meg have a pattern she followed to make the totes? That's such a great idea. What material did she use to make it so sturdy? I especially like the outside pocket too! She did a great job on the blanket too!

And, Tori's artwork is great! I don't know if I could do any of that, but you never know!! So, what did she make the buttons out of?

Am I asking too many questions!! :)

Good luck with the booth this spring. I plan on making enough blankets and maybe some fleece robes to sell at Canal Days in Metamora in October. We'll see how far I get!

You all did such a great job!! I love that everyone made gifts for each other. So, does your husband make anything?

Becky said...

Those tote bags are adorable. I really like the one she made for her sister:)
I have never heard of Toms shoes before...I will have to check them out!

Joy said...

I love all the gifts and just in awe of the creativity that flows thru your family. The art work and sewing are beautiful.

I have a pair of Toms shoes. I love them and they have held up well. The Toms shoe guy that started the company came to our church and spoke. I love what he is doing.
Happy New Year.

Joy

Rachael said...

Your family is so talented! I'm totally jealous of all your gifts!

WheresMyAngels said...

Wow, that is all so amazing!

Your girls are so talented. They remind me of my coworker Paul's daughters. I haven't met them yet but they are so talented with music and dancing http://gracefamilymusic.com/

I tell Paul that I promote him and them, when ever I can!! lol

Do the girls have Etsy shops? They really should start one if they don't. I would love the buttons. People that scrapbook would love those too. They Prayer art was my favorite. It really, really was so amazing. Meg did a wonderful job with the tote's. The pocket was so adorable!

You are truely blessed to have such a loving and wonderful family.

Unknown said...

I know I don't have to tell you, but you are very blessed.
The girls did an amazing job on all of the gifts.
Happy Holidays.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

You have so much to be proud of! What amazing girls you have.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What amazing artists you have!!!!!!!

Lynette said...

You and your family look like y'all had a great Christmas and I hope y'all have a wonderful, safe New Year!!
Don't even worry about the spirit award - you look like you had your hands full!! I have been a horrible blogger the last couple of days myself!! I've been very selfish spending my days off with my Meghan and family - you enjoy yours!!

Anonymous said...

so talented ! If I were you, I will also be proud :D such a gifted family