Monday, March 9, 2009

Holy Basil

On any weekend you can go to Whole Foods in Little Rock and as soon as you walk up there is a wonderful kind gentleman grilling something outside. He always has the best grilled veggies and his potato soup is out of this world! They always have samples to try all over the store as well.

This weekend Meg & Tori came across a Tea. They insisted I try it....I did and oh my....it was good. So good we all decided to purchase a box along with some Agave Nectar to sweeten it.



Not only is this tea delicious, it relieves stress and energizes you!! The aroma is wonderful. It's caffeine free which is perfect for at night and it has healing powers. The Tulsi Tea is recognized as one of India's most sacred herbs because of its health benefits and healing properties. It is also known as Holy Basil. Here are some of the advantages of drinking this tea:
  1. Helping boost your respiratory system*
  2. Supporting your healthy vision*
  3. Delivering you antioxidant protection against free radicals*
  4. Helping you alleviate minor discomfort and irritation*
  5. Providing you with a calming effect and stress relief*
  6. Helping bolster your immune system*
  7. Aiding you in enhancing your stamina*
  8. Helping you promote a healthy metabolism*
  9. Boosting your digestive system health*
  10. Helping you maintain blood sugar levels in the normal range*
  11. Providing you with skeletal and joint support*
  12. Aiding you in supporting normal cholesterol levels*

The Tulsi Plant....isn't it beautiful?!!


It really does relieve your stress! I have had several cups and always get a feeling of tranquility while I'm drinking it.

I love this company because of their values and missions and their vision....oh and it's organic!!! Go check them out at Organic India. You won't be disappointed!!

Namaste

18 comments:

Susie said...

Wow! It's miracle tea:-)

Anonymous said...

I need some of that tea! Thanks for the tip!


And you must try acupuncture! It's the best!

Aubrey said...

Oooh! I am always up to try a new tea! I'll put Whole Foods/Tulsi Tea on my to-do list!
Anything to help relieve a little stress and all that other good stuff!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love Whole Foods...I may look for that tea...sandy toe

Elisabeth said...

Sounds interesting....I'll have to look for it!

Becky said...

I wonder what the corollation of that is to what I have.

My brother gave me a planter last night for my birthday labeled "holy basil". He said it came from India. It was a plant though that you used for cooking? I am not sure what I will use it on?? First I guess I will see if it grows! LOL!

Mesa said...

Oh man I gotta get me some of that! I need to kick my caffeine habit! Thanks for the tip! :)

Young Momma said...

Gotta love Whole Foods!! Holy Basil and it tastes good?!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I so wish we had a Whole Foods....

Unknown said...

sounds awesome...although I am pretty sure we can't get it over here!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Can you believe we don't have a Whole Foods OR a Trader Joe's around here? Not fair!

April said...

Wow...I can definitely use some Tulsi Tea...sounds like a winner!

Michelle said...

Man, I need some of that tea!!! (I like Chamomile Tea at night).

Betty said...

Sounds good this tea. I´m just not a big tea drinker...

Natalie Freeman said...

You guys always find the best stuff at Whole Foods. I'll have to try it some time!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds wonderful! And I LOVE tea anyway!! Thanks for sharing hun!

Unknown said...

It's very effective info regarding the terms of holy basil that will helps to have the natural health benefits in an effective way, Thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts.

Buy Green Tea online said...

I agree with your point that that lemon tea and tulsi tea taste good and also has many health benefits, I also found out that the green tea or those that has many health benefits similar o tulsi tea. Try it friends, I started drinking green tea because of the reported benefits of doing so. I do however enjoy drinking it and will continue to do so unless I have a good reason.
Organic Green Tea in India