Saturday, March 14, 2009

Movies, Food, & Photobooths

Since I had the day off yesterday, John switched his day off so we can spend a full day together. What to do on a rainy day.....we decided on shopping, movies & great food!

We went to Kohl's...they had an amazing sale going on....but can you believe John nor I found anything we liked!!

So we headed to the theater.....we saw "Watchmen" first. This is NOT a movie you want to take your little ones to see. It was set back in 1985...superheros wearing costumes....there is one superhero man who is naked the entire time! Good thing his body was hot! There is a brutal scene between a man & a woman that was horrible; the movie was very bloody. But, all in all it was a very good movie!!!

We left the theater and went to have dinner at Copeland's. We were there for 2 hours, we slowly enjoyed our food and conversation. We never get dessert when we go out. This time we did! We got the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. OMG! It was huge!! I wish I would have taken a photo of it with my cell. We enjoyed this restaurant and will definitely go back! Especially for the cheesecake!


We headed back to the theater. We had 25 minutes before the showing so we got in the photobooth....that was fun! We hadn't done that in years.


We saw "Last house on the left". We thought that this was going to be a scary movie. It wasn't scary at all. It too had a scene that was disturbing. I hate scenes where men hurt women or in this case, young girls. Turns my stomach. Especially since I have daughter's. Overall this was surprisingly a really good movie. Everyone who walked out of the theater was saying how messed up it was. This was NOT a kid movie either.

John wanted to go for three movies but I knew I would fall asleep. It was after 9 and we had an hour drive home. It was a great day!

23 comments:

fawn & fern said...

aw cute photobooth strip!
glad you guys had fun yesterday!

the reeses went back & forth from my bed to megs last night, and he's currently curled up next to me : )

love you

April said...

Your photobooth pictures are so adorable, Betty! Just look at you two little lovebirds! I'm so happy you both were able to spend an entire day together.

Those movies sound "interesting" to say the least...just not sure if I have the stomach for them! If I saw more than one movie in a day, I'd be sawing some serious logs for sure!

Natalie Freeman said...

aw, I love the photobooth strip! & two movies in a day? That sounds like a blast!!

Melody said...

Cute pics! What a fun date! We didn't have a babysitter yesterday, so Steve & I will take our time away today. I am looking forward to it!

Joy said...

Love those photobooth pics. What a fun day!


Joy

Becky said...

I love the photobooth pictures! Too fun:)

I don't think I have ever watch 2 movies at the theater in one day. Sounds like fun!

Young Momma said...

LOL CUTE pictures!!!! Two movies?! How fun!

Mesa said...

AWESOME pictures!! And I want to see BOTH of those movies and thanks to your reviews I will for sure now!! :) Hope you have an enjoyable weekend! What's it like to still be in love??? :)

fawn & fern said...

hey momma,
here's the site for the conway locally grown:

http://www.conway.locallygrown.net/welcome

The Wife O Riley said...

Matt and I took the day off together yesterday too. We didn't get to the movies but we shopped at Old Navy.

He got 2 t-shirts
I got a pair of pants and a trenchcoat and the bill was $32! It was amazing!

I was watching Dead Like Me the other day and someone had a photo booth strip and I was thinking that would be really fun to do. Yours is so cute!

Becky said...

Yay! Your thumbnails look great!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great day! Joe and I definitely need a couples only day after our family vacay :)

Shopping, food and good movies sounds perfect.

Or a hike outside if the weather turns nice again.

Driving from 85 degrees to 30 in less than 12 hours sucks!

kari and kijsa said...

What a cute photo strip!! Sounds like a fabulously fun day!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mrsbear said...

You had me at white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. lol. It's awesome that you guys spend so much quality time together. I look forward to that some day, right now we can't finish a sentence without one of the kids pitching some kind of fit. I know I'll miss these days when they're gone. Definitely want to catch Watchmen though.

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We haven't been to a movie in forever.

Betty said...

Sounded like a great day! I love your photo booth pic´s. I wish we could do stuff like that here...

Elisabeth said...

Love the photos! My husband & I took what I think is the best pic of us in a photo booth my sister rented for her wedding last August. I don't know what it was--the alcohol, the romance,--but it turned out great! I wish so much that I had a scanner!

Sounds like a perfect day! I'd love to kill some time in a movie theatre!

Susie said...

Sounds like a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I can barely make it through one movie! Wow!
And super cute photo booth pics!

MarciaBrady said...

I love the photos! Chris & I haven't done two movies in one day in a while! I think if I'm feeling better, maybe we might do that this weekend!

A few months ago, we stayed in and watched three movies on Dish. That was fun!

Debie Napoleon said...

What a great date day/night. You two are so adorable together.

Lynette said...

What a fun day - love the movie strip of y'all!!

We rent movies and watch from home. I'd love to see that movie with Liam Neeson (sp?) - Taken. That one looks good to me!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~

Aubrey said...

Wow! 2 movies?!? I can barely make it through one these days. LOL Hubby wants to see Watchmen but me, not so much. He will probably end up taking our teen.

Dinner sounds devine! Well, the dessert anyway.

I was at Kohl's a couple weekends ago and they always have THE BEST clearance. I had a stack of clothes to take into the dressing room but didn't like one thing on. PMS.

Your photobooth pix are super cute! Awwwww! So nice to be in love!