Monday, August 2, 2010

Heat Wave

We are under an excessive heat warning! NOT looking forward to this week; I'll be staying indoors for sure!

Thankfully, my outdoor cats are smart and have been staying in the garage where it is cool. We keep a box fan in there for them and it stays about 85°. It makes me sad when I see animals in heat like this without any shade or some kind of shelter.
Speaking of outside cats....anybody out there want one? They are sweet cats! I don't have the heart to take them to the pound. I wonder sometimes what my neighbors think of us! They probably think we are a crazy family....well, we are, but that's another post. At least we live in the country so our houses aren't that close together.

Back to the heat wave, this week is going to suck...big time! I'm SO ready for Autumn!




4 comments:

Susie said...

Yikes!! I would stay inside too!!

Melody said...

Oh wow! I hope that you can stay cool. Cute kitties!

Heather said...

I had a dream the other night that the leaves were changing colors and we were wearing sweaters.

If only...

You and your kitty coven crack me up!

Dee said...

Holy smokes...that's HOT!! Lol...it's been like that here too, it's miserable! Stay cool girl!