Monday, January 10, 2011

into the woods

We had our first major snow storm of 2011 last night. We received about 6 inches, that's a lot for central Arkansas. So we are snowed in today and I couldn't be happier....well, yes I could, if I didn't have this horrible, nagging cough I'd be happier!

UPS is supposed to be delivering my fabric for the quilt along today. I'm not sure he'll make it out here in the country to deliver it with the roads being so bad. Oh well, I can work on my "punctuation" quilt.


I finished the "into the woods" baby quilt. I made this quilt for my friend Becky's grand-baby, Mason. Her daughter, Sydney, is due on March 16th. The shower is this Saturday. I was going to wait and post pictures then, but they don't read my blog so I decided to post today. (at least I don't think they read it)
I took these pictures this morning. I wondered what my neighbors think of me sometimes. That crazy Betty is out there again taking pictures of quilts....this time she has one draped over a tree. hahaha

I love the color combination in this quilt. The deer, birds, bunnies and other animals are so precious.

Here is the back of the quilt. John loved the back as much as the front. I hope baby Mason is going to love this quilt.

Those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous! And I love that you took them outside:-)

Yankee Girl said...

The snow and quilts are so beautiful! I am glad you have the snow and not me!

Heather said...

Yay for a snow day for you!

The quilt is gorgeous! I'm sure the baby will love it, and his momma will, for sure!

Have a great day!

Melody said...

Wow! 6"! I'm impressed! :)

That quilt is beautiful! Way to go!!

Joy said...

That quilt is just beautiful. I know they will treasure this for their new baby.
beautiful colors and fabric.
♥ Joy

April said...

You are one talented lady, Betty...absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilts!

Bagel