Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Progress

Well, I am feeling 100% myself again! Woo-Hoo! It is SO nice to finally feel normal again. I do have a slight cough, but the tussionex takes care of that. Tori made an appointment for Friday (finally) she still has a pretty nasty cough, so I am glad she made this appointment. I worry about that girl.

I have made huge progress on my postage stamp quilt. All 48 blocks are sewn and pressed!! All I have to do is sew them together to make my quilt top and I am in the running for the free fabric! I should have it done by Saturday early afternoon. They aren't perfect....but hey...that's what gives it character, right?!

I can never stick to one project at a time....I don't even clean like that...I'm always going room to room never finishing the room completely. I'm weird, I know. Anyway, with all my UFOs you would think I wouldn't start another project... but I did!!! I started a birdhouse quilt....this is my first quilt making pinwheels. I made this one tonight and realized I hate the tan & rust borders. I text Tori a picture and asked for her artist advice. She agreed with me that I need to go with a cream and maybe a pastel peach color. So, I am putting this project on the back burner until I can go to the fabric store.

My goals for this weekend:
1. to finish postage stamp quilt top!
2. sandwich & baste punctuation quilt
3. quilt curly girl quilt

That's on top of sheet washing Saturday...cleaning house, laundry etc. etc.....AH- can I get it done? We shall see....





5 comments:

Melody said...

Yay! So glad that you are feeling better! :)

Your quilts look great! I look forward to seeing that block w/ different border too. Have fun finishing on Saturday! :)

Heather said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today...I love having you as a friend, too!

So glad you are feeling better, and I hope Tori is able to finally kick her germs to the curb, as well.

Can't wait to see your finished project(s)! I'm much the same way...I have at least UFO's going on my scrapbook room as we speak. Or type. Whatever.

Good luck on having a productive weekend!

Susie said...

I am so glad that you are felling better:-)

Yankee Girl said...

I am glad you are better! I was sick for two weeks and it was a nightmare.

April said...

Wonderful that you're feeling like yourself, again! Have fun getting all of your projects accomplished!