Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sick, sick go away

Sickness has been in my home for over a month now. I am so ready for it to GO AWAY! It started before Christmas when Tori came down with a nasty cold. We thought it was because she had mid-terms, was moving home & it was the holidays, so her body was weak from little sleep. Well, it has lingered longer then it should...it turned into a nasty stomach virus & she is still couging her pretty little head off a month later. One thing about both my girls...they don't like western medicine. They rather heal themselves with herbal teas and home remedies. Now don't get me wrong...I will do the same...I try all the herbal therapies as well. But, there comes a time when you must go see a Doctor!!! She has not seen Doc yet! But hey, she's 21, I can't make the call anymore.

This is where I come in....I have been sick for 2 weeks now. It started out with a runny nose...so runny I had to keep tissues up my nose all day.
Then I started coughing and coughing and coughing....So much and SO hard that I had to sleep in my sewing room because I was keeping John awake at night. I woke up Friday morning and felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks...literally, square in the face. My nose feels broken! It's weird, I've never had this symptom before. I can barely touch it and it's super painful. My throat feels like it's on fire...it hurts to swallow water! Strep, maybe? Sinus infection? So I made an appointment and I go see my Doctor on Monday morning. I'm hoping he'll shoot my arse with some heavy duty antibiotics to make me feel better FAST!!!! And as if things couldn't get worse....I woke up this morning with my right eye crusted completely shut! I held a hot rag on it for 5 minutes and it's been oozing all morning. (Gross, I know) So I'm pretty sure I have Pink Eye on top of everything else! JEEZ-can it get any worse...don't answer that!


With me being sick I am so far behind on the Postage Stamp Quilt Along.

I chose Remembrance by Brannock and Patek for Moda fabrics and a cream solid.

Here are my strips all sewn together and waiting to be cut up! Yep, you know quilting...cut fabric, sew fabric, cut it up, sew it again.

There are 4 blocks on table that are waiting to be pressed. I only have 42 more to do by tomorrow afternoon. HA! I doubt that's gonna happen. I really wanted to have the top finished so I could be in the drawing to win $100 worth of fabric. Who knows, maybe I can do it. I have to have it finished by February 1st. We shall see. You can see my UFO's in the background
(ufo = un-finished objects)

So, I am hoping to come back and tell you all tomorrow that I am feeling 100% better and I got a burst of energy and finished all my blocks and UFo's!!! Hahaha Yeah, right.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Oh no! Get well soon:-)

Cyndy Bush said...

Yuck, hope you all feel better soon!

Betty W said...

I woke with pink eye this morning too! But luckily no cold. I hope you feel better soon! That sure sounds like a bad flu.

Heather said...

You poor things! Being sick just sucks. It sounds like a combination of a bad respiratory virus and a sinus infection, with a bit of pink eye thrown in. You definitely need some antibiotics at this point, and probably a chest xray, too. Keep us posted...I'll be praying for you!

April said...

So sorry you've been in rut where sickness is concerned...not much worse, is there? Sure hope you get some much needed relief SOON!