Saturday, September 10, 2011

Treasures found

Tori moved into her very own apartment last month. The only thing she was lacking was a table. She wanted/needed something small to fit in the space she had. John had been looking on a local website everyday, but everything he found was way to big. While driving into downtown one day I discovered a newly opened flea market. I was super stoked over this discovery. I love thrifting and finding those hidden treasures. So you can only imagine my exhilaration when I came across this table! I immediately text a photo to Tori and she responded with a OMG perfect! That's just the size I wanted! Ah! (those are all quotes)

Here it is sitting pretty in here home. It's for sure vintage, just not sure what decade...maybe 50's? It's very sturdy. Whoever painted it did a fabulous job, and she can always strip it later on down the road and bring it back to it's natural state. Isn't it just darling?!!

I also found this vintage pyrex in the "Forest Fancies Mushroom" pattern for Tori. She had found a baking dish awhile back in this pattern. (both my girls have a love affair with vintage Pyrex...just like their Momma)



John went back to Dolly's flea market with me a week later and I found more vintage Pyrex. O, my goodness, I was in Pyrex heaven.
This pattern is "Town & Country."


I came across the ENTIRE nesting bowl set of "Americana" I about fell over. There are no chips and very few scratches. Woo-Hoo!!!

So, John told me that I have become a hoarder of Pyrex. Whatever! I explained to him the difference between a hoarder and a collector!!! He was really just kidding...I think.

5 comments:

Betty W said...

I love the table your found! That would have been perfect for my daughter too. No flea markets here,so we have to get everything new/cheap. :(
Love Pyrex too.

Heather said...

I love hunting for treasures and finding the perfect one! So much more satisfying than just picking up something new at Target...

You're definitely NOT a hoarder!

(yet)

Melody said...

Cute finds!! Congratulations!

fawn & fern said...

LOVE <3

Thank you so much : )

Susie said...

Great finds!!!