Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bird Nest Quilt

Both my girls are now out of the house for good (again) and living on their own. I decided to make each of them a quilt for snuggling on the couch. I finished Tori's first.

I took them both shopping for fabric and had them pick out several colors that they wanted in a quilt. I then (tried to) decided on a pattern. I made this one up as I went along. Tori picked out these amazing colors and prints and I think they all flow beautifully together.
Hubby named it Bird's Nest, appropriate name since we call Tori, Bird.

I made twelve 12" disappearing 9 patch blocks and twelve 12" solid blocks with 2 1/2" strip pieces for the sashing and border. I am IN LOVE with how it came out!


Back of quilt with my label on it.

Here is Bird with her Bird's Nest quilt :)

*find me on facebook....TheMadQuilter

1 comment:

Betty W said...

I love it BEtty!! It looks awesome and I want one. Wahhh! :)